Income Report November 2018
Hey, welcome back! I’m super glad you’re here because this month was the most profitable month I have ever had and I can’t wait to share with you how it happened.
Before I get into the details, I want to share some big news with you.
Going forward, I will be running Merch Lifestyle independently, with my great friend Shannon deciding to double down on his amazing Merch Along software and growing portfolio of POD businesses. We decided to do this amicably, together, and for a variety of reasons that made a lot of sense for us both. Shannon will be popping in from time to time and help interview, share updates on his POD business and software, so no need to worry!
Now that you’re all caught up, let’s get into the numbers for November:
September 2018 Income Report
By Spencer Shewbridge | Merch Lifestyle
A Brand Is Born? To Etsy and Beyond…
- Revamp all of my pricing (it’s going up!)
- Work on my branding (logo, aesthetic, customer profile)
- Hire a social media manager
- Fully configure my Shopify store
- Re-hire designers for new products
I really think I have something special here but it needs love and attention to grow…I’ll definitely be hiring help to give it the boost it needs.
Marketing Strategy Update
My influencer product hasn’t been delivered yet (thanks Canada Post), and Mailfold drove exactly zero sales.
…Yeah. Not a huge update for you this week on how “alternative marketing” is going, but I hope to have more substantial numbers next week.
For now, I need to learn to master platform advertising (think Etsy promoted listings & Amazon AMS) because they seem to give the best “bang for the buck” at the moment.
Where does Merch Lifestyle go from here?
There’s so much opportunity that it’s hard to explain!
My vision for Merch Lifestyle is evolving, but there are a few key goals that I have in mind:
1.) Increase the frequency, quality, and depth of content
- More interviews, especially with guests with new backrounds and experiences
- More POD reviews & tutorials (although my videos need to be a bit shorter…)
- More consistency on blog/podcast/email/social presence
2.) Help my audience learn, experiment, and earn real money
- Provide real, transparent insight into my POD business
- Give actionable, tailored advice
- Set reasonable expectations and encourage action
I hope you’re encouraged to stick around and see the transformation that Merch Lifestyle is growing into. I promise it will be a fun ride 🙂
Until next time,